shop

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Woman caught with cocaine in her private part.

Plan by a food vendor who allegedly
inserted 685 grammes of cocaine in her private
part, to beat security operatives at the Murtala
Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, has been
foiled,as she was arrested by officials of the
National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA
The suspect identified as Chinelo Okorom Lynnette,
36, was arrested during an inward screening of
passengers on an Ethiopian Airline flight from
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Nigeria.
NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju, who
made the disclosure, yesterday, said the suspect
concealed the drugs in a cellophane bag before
inserting it into her private part and ingested
some.
He said: ”The suspect tested positive for drug
ingestion and vaginal insertion. She, however,
expelled a total of 685 grammes of substance that
tested positive for cocaine while under observation
at the airport.”
I was deceived
—Suspect
However, the suspect, reportedly told NDLEA
officials at the Airport Command headed by Mr
Hamza Umar that she was deceived into the illicit
business out of frustration by her landlord,
following her in ability to pay her rent.
According to her, “My husband abandoned me with
four children two years ago. Since then, I have
been working hard to pay their school fees and
also ensure their proper upkeep. I sell food at
Ajagbandi to take care of my children.
“When my rent expired, I had no money to renew
it. My landlord ejected us and I had nowhere to go
with the children or who to talk to. I was crying
like a baby when a man came to console me.
“He told me to wipe my tears and promised to
introduce me to importation business. I felt he was
God-sent when he sponsored my trip to Addis
Ababa. Before leaving, he said I was to go into
importation of female hand bags.
“But when I got to Ethiopia, he told me to take
cocaine to Nigeria. Initially, I disagreed but he
threatened to recover his investment at all cost. I
am just a victim of man’s cruelty to man.”
Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA,
Ahmadu Giade, said the arrest was made following
the eagle-eye operatives at the airport, as a result
of different antics used by drug traffickers..
He noted: ”Going to Addis Ababa to smuggle
cocaine into Nigeria is one of the tricks employed
by drug trafficking syndicates. Cocaine is not
known to come from Addis but we were able to
detect it because of our vigilance. We are prepared
to counter activities of drug kingpins and bring
them to justice. We look forward to fruitful
progress in our investigation.”
He, therefore, advised members of the public to be
cautious of the tricks by drug syndicates, adding
that the suspect’s action is shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment