shop

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Man united lose on the champions league

United face a huge task to overturn their first leg
deficit in the return leg at Old Trafford, with their
under-pressure manager accepting full responsibility
for a result and performance that sparked fresh
speculation over Moyes' long-term future at the club.
"That's the worst we have played in Europe," said an
honest Moyes. "It was a really poor performance. We
never really got going from the start and we didn't
deserve anything because of the way we played.
"We never really got to grips with things and to a
man you could hardly pick anybody out. We just
didn't perform.

"We came into the game in good form and a good
mindset but it just didn't show. I am just surprised. I
didn't see that level of performance coming. I just
didn't see it.
"I take responsibility. It is my time and I will always
front it up. We didn't play well. We have to play
better.
"The players are hurting as well. They know how they
performed, but there is a team here, that won't
change, and we'll stick together."
Moyes did his best to paint a silver lining in United's
latest disappointment, as he insisted his side could
still turn the last-16 tie around in the second leg at
Old Trafford.
"The one good thing is that there is still a second
game to come," he added. "We will do everything we
can possibly do to reverse the 2-0 defeat."
Meanwhile, Moyes' mood will not have been
improved by reported comments from striker Robin
van Persie on Dutch TV, as he appeared to question
the tactics being employed by the United manager.
"My teammates are in some of the areas where I want
to play. This makes it difficult for me," he was quoted
as saying by ITV Sport.
v"Then I have to change my tactics to suit my
teammates, and play outside my zone. That's a pity. I
won't point fingers, because I'm not like that."
Van Persie's words did little to ease the pressure
mounting on Moyes, on a night when nothing went
right for the beleaguered Scottish tactician or his
United team.

No comments:

Post a Comment