shop

Monday 10 February 2014

Police arrest woman for niece’s refusal to marry

There was a mild drama at the Ojodu Police Division, Lagos State on Saturday over the arrest of a woman, Mrs. Joy Idenyi, by two policemen from the Bauchi State Police Command.
Idenyi’s arrest was prompted by a warrant from a Bauchi Magistrate’s Court B for the alleged abduction of her niece, Patience Joseph. Patience’s father, Joseph, had reportedly made an application to that effect.
While waiting for the policemen to complete the paper work at Ojodu, Joy told PUNCH Metro that she  received a call around 10am on Saturday from her neighbours that her husband, Shuaibu, had been arrested.
She said, “When I got the call that my husband had been taken to the Ojodu Police Station.  I rushed down there to discover that Patience’s father was there. The policemen had come with a warrant for my arrest – for allegedly abducting Patience.”
Denying the claim, Joy said Patience had fled to Lagos sometime last year.
She said, “Patience came to me because she did not want to marry the man that her parents had arranged for her and I tried to help as best as I could.”
read more  http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-arrest-woman-for-nieces-refusal-to-marry/

No comments:

Post a Comment